Saturday 28 November 2015

Initial Ideas

1. My first idea was to focus on narrative and have two main characters. In the story the 'performer' (girl one) seems to be having a unstable relationship with girl two. Girl one is unable to see why girl two would love someone like herself, because she has this mindset her automatic reaction is to push her away and not accept any love from her. This process will be shown in the two different verses, in the first one girl one will smother girl two as a way of 'blocking' her out. This would be a bedroom scene. The next  verse would be set in a kitchen, girl two is cooking or baking and 'dancing' and 'singing' in the kitchen to girl one, she will appear to be having a good time however girl one will be sat looking 'disconnected' from the 'fun' and 'enjoyment' and instead seems frustrated with herself and the other girl as she cannot understand why girl two likes her. The chorus will be set in a muddy garden and have girl one performing (lip-syncing) the effect of the mud is to show 'inside her mind' and get a visual look at the 'darkness' she describes in the song. At the end I plan on showing girl two to 'break through' to girl one who finally accepts her love and herself. I plan to show this through the 'bridge' part of the song where girl two will remove and wipe away any mud on girl one's face to show she is 'removing the doubt' at the end I intend to have the 'ends' to the two verse sequences in which the first one will end with girl two removing the pillow she was 'smoothered' with and hugging the other girl, the kitchen scene will end with girl two wrapping her arms around girl one to show safety. The final scene will be the two girls laid 'head to head' and for the final chorus the lipsync will change from girl one to girl two. .

2. My second idea was to go for a more abstract concept with no narrative or particular meaning. This would be mostly done with artistic intentions where I planned to use elements such as, water, paint, dye, flowers, crushed makeup and other pieces. I would then use effects like slow-motion, reversing the video and time-lapse to create visually appealing and interesting shots. This would give me a lot of freedom with the types of filming and editing I could use. However when making an abstract video it has to keep the audience’s attention and has to be visually appealing as there is no storyline to become involved in the audience have to like what they are seeing. Also I would have to consider how many different shots and different 'elements' I would need as the beat is quite fast therefore my edits would be quick, to keep the audiences interest I would want a variety of abstract shots.

3. My third idea was to focus on the performance side of the video. This would include having the main artist lip-sync to the song, for this I would create a bright and 'funky' image for my artist as the song is quite upbeat. I would also look to put a dance performance into the video; this would be two of my friends who have done dance all their life. I intend to not only show a dance but create one which tells a bit of a story whether love or acceptance. However the video would not have much of a narrative story to follow as I wanted to stick to the video being about the artist’s image and the dance performance. For this idea I would use lots of different outfits and 'looks' for the main artist, I would experiment with makeup, glitter and generally outlandish 'get-ups'. This would be to grab the audience’s attention, also regular background and outfit changes would keep the audience’s attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment